Monday, December 5, 2011

20 week CheckUp

So today was the 20 week checkup
did basics: urine sample, BP (132/80) weight (gained 3lbs)..surprised it wasn't more, lol.

Then we went into exam room and I got to see Sara. I haven't seen her at all yet, just the dr. She's the Midwife. (they are the only two in this practice, btw) and we measured my belly. The same Med Student was there, as in my u/s and she was talking through each step. She was all "ok, so at 20 weeks, where should top of uterus be?" He answers and she goes, "yep, and if you measure from there to the pelvic bone at 20weeks she should be between 19 and 21." I measured exactly at 20, lol. She was all "well aren't you reliable" and then pulls out my u/s report. Instead of just telling me basics, she goes into detail about what each thing meant and how to read it, showing me and Med Student guy.
This was funny as well. She showed where my LMP causing EDD date was and all babies averages were which recreates a somewhat different EDD...but mine was exact. Then she shows him a percentile thing they keep track of, saying "no one is ever really 50% but this is where we look for ..ok, well she is 48.99% " lol. everything was measuring great and the word "normal" was all down the page, except in 3 spots. It was marked "unknown" and cause was "position of fetus" so they prompted me to have to come back in 6 weeks for another u/s. Apparently Peep didn't put herself in the position they wanted to see things clearly, so they are hoping once she's bigger it'll be easier to see.
Other than that everything looks good. Oh and i got the lovely Glucose drink in Hawaiian Punch flavor...oi. Never tried it but don't want to. It;s not the drink so much as fear of failing. I don't wanna poke my finger on a routine basis and monitor my food, lol. I'm not very disciplined at feeding myself  these days, haha. Sara said "oh and come Thanksgiving. Enjoy yourself. What is already is, might as well enjoy the holiday." LOL love her.

Oh! When I was sitting on the table and she comes in and says, "how often does your belly cramp and how badly" so I start answering and then stop and say "how did you even KNOW?" and she goes, "your urine told me. " then she goes on to explain how my body is in pain and passing white blood cells through my urine on a not-good level, especially considering I have a low white count anyway. (my body has issues making white blood cells) WTF??? how is that possible?? You can PEE out blood cells???? I had NO clue that was even possible...yes I'm a genius.
 My placenta is Anterior. In case anyone doesn't know what that means, it means my placenta is lining the wall of my stomach, so whenever she kicks/hits me it gets cushioned first before I feel it. So she has to really hit hard for me to feel anything, and that's why I don't feel her as much as my other two at this point. (I'm sure most of y'all knew what that meant though, just figured I'd throw it out there while I sit here chatting to myself, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...