Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Well Hello There Mr.Salad

Dinner time came around last night. Seems to come around at the same time every night, but I was unprepared for it this time. What would I fix? I like to plan meals ahead of time, but I didn't.
Time to get creative. I love this idea. I had chicken laid out. That makes life simple. There are only 789,987,099,095 ways to handle a chicken. I decided that I would create a marinade. I grabbed garlic gloves and started chopping. By the time I was done adding various things to the bowl, my hubby came in raving about the aroma pouring out of the kitchen. He told me to hurry with dinner because the smell was too tempting and he was about to drink my homemade marinade. I laughed and let my chicken soak while I roamed around figuring out what else to make.
Mac & Cheese. I didn't have any boxed styles, so I made up a simple rue, added some cheese and made some homemade mac and cheese. Then as an after thought I put it all into a pan, topped it with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and threw it in the oven. Oooh the crust was picture perfect (and no I didn't take a pic of my dinner...odd)
So the chicken ended up being Barbecued but with my marinade first which created a juicy goodness basic barbecue doesn't offer, homemade mac&cheese and a generic tossed salad. The salad was literally a bagged mix of iceberg, baby spinach, carrots and romaine lettuce. I topped it with Ranch and shredded cheddar/mozz blend.
Now, the point to this blog entry that is all about my dinner? The salad knocked my socks off! It was a simple add on for color on my plate and it was all I wanted. I took all this time, made this delish homemade food and I devoured the salad! Normally I am a salad person, but this was different. i couldn't get enough. It was INCREDIBLE. My family was raving about the chicken and the noodles and I'm looking to see if we have any salad left. My hubby could not stop laughing at me.
Guess this was all about Peep. Being pregnant is too much fun. I love that I am loving food again, but this was the best food moment thus far!


1 comment:

  1. First, I want your marinade recipe! Garlic and what else?!

    Second, I'm super jealous. I can not make a salad at home that I like lately. I had even planned on making chicken caesar salad recently and the lettuce tasted super bitter when we had taco salad. Bummer!

    I'm glad your appetite is back. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...